New Year, New Features
True to our New Years Resolution of taking Flock to the next level, our engineering wizards have just completed another round of exciting usability features and product improvements. There's a little something for everyone... administrators, brokers and employees. It's good stuff! Reach out to us at email@example.com or join our weekly webinar for a more in-depth look at all the exciting features within Flock!
Custom reporting and automation
- Ability to define your own custom reports. This allows you to limit the report to display only the fields that you care about.
- Automate a schedule to receive weekly report reminders for pre-defined canned reports as well as custom reports you have created.
- Run reports based on a prior effective date.
- Run a change report between a specified date range. Flock will display only the fields that have changed along with the employee name, email and SSN as key identifiers to associate the changes.
- An easier and simpler way to view your reports within Flock in an excel-style interface without having to download any client sensitive data.
- Company admins and the broker portal users all have access to the above functionality
- Simplified the reports section and provided a glossary to help guide users when viewing the reports
- All reports now show only the products being offered to the employees.
Email notifications and management
Broker / Advisor contact and Service Team Support contact can configure email notifications for staying up to date with any changes made to an employee including new enrollments, life events, terminations, enrollment forms, address changes, compensation changes, employment info changes, over-age dependents, etc. Both contacts will receive notifications for whichever category of notifications they would like to receive so they aren’t spammed with unnecessary change information.
Simplified upload process
We provide a simple, easy, and interactive process for uploading employee benefits information into Flock with an excel-style interface within the browser. Errors in the data file can be fixed on the fly without having to edit the original file, reupload, and remapping fields. The auto-mapping fields of your CSV file has gotten smarter and now finds more matches. For the times when the mapping isn't done for you, finding the correct mapping is now done through a simple quick search making it more intuitive and saving even more time.
We understand that there are circumstances when employees need an extension to enroll during open enrollment or as a new hire. Broker portal users will now the capability to manage these extensions with a reason for the extension.
Test forms before launch
We have now made it much more simpler to review the enrollment forms through the “Test your Flock” tool available to Broker portal users. You no longer need to create a test employee to review the forms output. Simplifying and speeding up the QA process before launch!
ACA form updates
We have added support for the new codes that have been added for this years filing. You don’t need to worry about all the regulations that have changed. We have you covered.
Grandfathered plans support
You asked, we delivered. We have made it a simple and quick to support plans that have age based tiered pricing. Huge reduction in implementation time and simple to manage.
Miscellaneous voluntary plans
We understand that there are always some new voluntary plans that come up that you would like to provide to your employees. With the ability to select up to 3 other categories you have the flexibility to pick a voluntary plan that isn’t in our pre-existing list of voluntary plan categories supported (Supp Life Insurance, AD&D, STD, LTD, Accident, Cancer, Critical Care, Dental, Gap, Hospital, Legal, Pet).
Group plans reporting
You can now run a report to get the coverage amount and premiums paid for employer group plans. This makes preparing a list-bill so easy and also provides a granular look at how the employer group plan costs are distributed across the group.
Enrollment forms management
Broker Portal user can now delegate the enrollment forms management to the company admin instead. More flexibility for who can manage the forms.
We have added more robustness and self-service to our time-off module. Below are the key changes in this release.
- Employees and company admins can view the accrual history and request history so you can see how you get to your balance.
- Company admins can edit individual available time-off balance hours in place. Any changes will be captured in the history view of the individual.
- Employees and company admins can view a detailed breakdown of their time-off requests i.e. pending hours requested, hours taken year to date and hours approved year to date.
Email notifications and management
Company Admins can configure email notifications for staying up to date with any changes made to an employee including new enrollments, life events, terminations, enrollment forms, address changes, compensation changes, employment info changes, over-age dependents, etc. An email would go out to all the company admins for whichever category of notifications they would like to receive so they aren’t spammed with unnecessary change information.
I9/W4 form updates
With the arrival of 2017, we updated the W4 and I9 sections to use the latest versions of the forms. You don’t need to worry about changes in requirements. We have you covered. Furthermore, we have added the ability to collect State withholdings (without Forms) from the employee’s profile. These changes can be captured in the payroll change report along with email notifications (see above)
You can now integrate Flock into your SSO infrastructure as we support SAML based single-sign on capabilities with providers like Okta and OneLogin. All you need to do is configure the login URLs and apply the security certificate in the Settings page. We will be sharing more on this soon.